The Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries is an interfaith service that provides food and fellowship to those in need and educates our community on hunger and poverty.
SSKP provides over 1 million meals annually to the needy in 11 Connecticut Valley-Shore towns.
CURRENT INFO ON COVID-19 RESPONSE:
The Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries continues to serve guests at all five of our pantries. We are seeing a large increase in need and a decrease in donated food. Monetary donations enable us to purchase additional food to fill in the gaps.
If you need help: Yes, our pantry sites are open and you are welcome to come if you need groceries! Guests are welcome to visit our sites for "curbside delivery." Please remain in your vehicle until you get to the area for distribution and follow signage. Please remember to practice social distancing and remain at least 6 feet away from all others. Volunteers will bring the groceries near your vehicle for you to load the food into your vehicle. You do not need to call ahead to receive groceries.
If you would like to volunteer: You can contact Jeff Ward, our volunteer and program coordinator. At this point we are working with a very small number of volunteers so we can practice social distancing while working. Jeff is maintaining a list of volunteers who are willing to step in if needed.
Ways you can help:
- Be in touch with neighbors, friends and family
- Share information about availability of food resources
- Share a message of hope (send cards, post pictures, call a neighbor, send text messages, smile at your mail carrier through the window, and at people from a distance)
- If you run a food-related business you can help by donating food directly by contacting our pantry managers
- Give a gift online or by mail to support SSKP. Donations enable us to make bulk wholesale purchases
- Make cloth masks for SSKP use (see below)
Cloth face masks:
With the new CDC recommendation regarding cloth face coverings we are in need of a few face masks. If you would like to donate please email Jeff Ward email@example.com