The Pinecar Derby has been postponed - new date TBA! Stay tuned for details!
Race a car that you've used in the past.
Look below for the official Rules of the 2020 LRC Pinewood Derby
Pine Cars must be dropped of at Living Rock Church by 6 pm on WEDNESDAY, JULY 1.
Races will be live streamed on Sunday, July 12 (time tba) on the church's Facebook page.
- Car should not exceed 5oz. Official race scale will be considered final.
- Length should not exceed 7" and width 2.75"
- The car must not be on any type of spring and not include washers or bearings.
- Car may be lubricated before drop off.
- All cars have the "preferred name" on the bottom.
- Axles must be adjacent to each other. Two in the front and two in the back.
Get creative and bring your best wheel forward in these categories. Have a car already that doesn't fit a category? Put it in "Other".
- Religious- Get creative, can you make a Noahs Ark?
- Independence Day
Prizes will be awarded for:
- The fastest car in each division
- Most creative cars
- Best design
- and more....
- Cars must only be powered by gravity
- in the event that a wheel falls off during the race, it will be replaced prior to the next heat.
- In the event that a car leaves the track and in doing so knocks off another car, the race will be re-run.
- In the event that a car leaves the track and is not damaged, the heat will be re-run. If it falls off the track again, it will be an automatic loss.
- In the event that no car reaches the finish line, the car closest to the finish line will be declared the winner.
- If a track is damaged, the heat will be rerun.